Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to see the answer. If you don’t see an an answer to your question, feel free to contact us.
How do I register for a training class?
We have 4 convenient ways for you to register:
- Email: Send your completed registration form to: email@example.com
- Phone: Call 408-242-2418 Monday – Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
- Fax: Send a copy of a completed registration form to 615-676-4412
- Mail: Send your completed registration form or inquiry to:
The Industrial Safety & Hazmat Training Group
P.O. Box 2702
San Francisco, CA 94127
What are my payment options?
You may pay by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, by check or cash. Payment arrangements can be made by contacting our office.
When will I receive my invoice?
Original invoices and credit card receipts are emailed after your credit card is charged. If you need a receipt immediately, please let us know at the time of registration.
What if I need to cancel?
Cancellations & Refund Policy: Registration fees will be refunded if notice of cancellation is received 5 business days before the class date. A $15 cancellation charge may be charged for cancellations made less than 5 days before the class date. All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to: The Industrial Safety & Hazmat Training Group. The Industrial Safety & Hazmat Training Group reserves the right to cancel, reschedule programs, or close registration as necessary.
Can I still attend the training class if my payment hasn't been received?
Yes, you may still attend. Unless payment arrangements have been made prior to the class, you may bring a check or credit card information on the day of the class.
What does my course registration include?
- Comprehensive course materials include regulations, workbooks, exercise packets, and other educational tools. These materials are used throughout the class to provide a fully interactive, hands-on learning experience. Additional books may be purchased at our online bookstore.
- Time to ask questions with the instructor and your colleague during breaks, in the morning before the training begins, at lunch, or at the end of the day.
- A Certificate of Completion.
- A wallet Id card is issued for HAZWOP certification and refresher courses.
How do I determine what training I need?
You can view our online training catalog or call 408-242-2418 and a professional Training Counselor will help you identify your needs.
Where are training classes held?
The Industrial Safety & Hazmat Training Group provides on-site client-hosted private training courses that are tailored to your specific needs. We also provide online training modules and remote web-based training (webinar). If you have a question about a training location, call 408-242-2418 and a professional Training Counselor will help you.
What do I need to bring to the training class?
We will provide you with all the necessary materials. For online and webinar training, a standard computer and a camera may be necessary.
Are your courses tax deductible?
All expenses of education (registration fees, travel, meals, and lodging) taken to maintain or improve professional skills are tax deductible per Treasury Regulation 1.162-5 Coughlin vs. Commissioner, 203 F2d 307.
What areas does The Industrial Safety & Hazmat Training Group service?
Our scope is primarily the San Francisco Bay Area, as far north as Chico, as far south as San Luis Obispo, and to Sacramento and the Sierra foothills in the East. Course prices for on-site training do not include the cost of travel to areas around northern California. Please contact us for a free estimate.